As a parent, you understand how challenging it can be to ensure your child’s oral health is maintained. A visit to a dentist near you for even a routine dental checkup can prove to be a very stressful experience.
Getting children to be cooperative and stay calm during any dental procedure makes even regular cleaning almost impossible. That is why it is essential to visit a kid’s dentist near you to ensure an experienced pediatric dentist will handle your child in Santa Rosa beach.
What Does a Pediatric Dentist Do?
A pediatric dentist is trained and certified to deal with the oral health of children ranging from infants to those in their teen years. They have experience handling any dental needs your child may have, through the different stages of growth and development.
Children need access to proper dental care to rule out any future dental complications that may arise due to tooth decay or disease. Our pediatric dentist in Destin, FL, has vast experience handling pediatric dental needs to ensure that your child’s oral hygiene and health will be exceptional.
Your Kid’s dentist near you needs to have completed four years in dental school and an additional two years residency in child and infant dentistry to be qualified.
What Services Will You Expect At a Pediatric Dentistry?
A pediatric dentist can offer the following dental services:
- Comprehensive preventive dental care that includes regular cleaning and fluoride or sealant application to prevent tooth decay
- Oral examinations to rule out any dental decay or gum diseases
- Giving proper diet and nutrition tips to parents to ensure good development of teeth and gums at each growth stage
- Treating dental emergencies or injuries in children that may include cracked or knocked-out teeth
- Assessing and remedying any orthodontic issues such as crooked or crowded teeth
- Treating tooth cavities, fixing broken teeth and tooth extractions
- Treating pediatric periodontal infections and conditions such as mouth ulcers
- Diagnosing oral problems that may arise due to other diseases such as diabetes.
At Santa Rosa Smiles, your child’s oral health and smile is our primary concern.