A dental crown can be described as a tooth-like cap that is placed over a damaged tooth to cover it up completely, thus restoring its natural strength, shape, size, and overall appearance.
Currently, crowns are available in materials such as porcelain, metals, or resins. They are designed to cover the entire portion of a damaged tooth that is visible above the gum.
Particular factors will be considered by a dentist near you when selecting a dental crown to match your need, these include:
- Aesthetic values
Most patients who require dental crowns opt for natural-looking dental crowns that will not impact their smiles negatively. Your dentist in Santa Rosa Beach, FL, will assist you in getting a dental crown that will not only serve an aesthetic purpose but also serve a functional role that it was intended. You may need to get a dental crown due to these reasons:
- Your dentist in Santa Rosa Beach, FL, may recommend dental crowns to remedy cosmetic issues and restore your flawless smile.
- Teeth may get stained due to overexposure to certain substances such as tobacco, coffee, or even tea. Staining may fail to come off even after a thorough series of bleaching or whitening sessions by a dentist near you. In this instance, a dental crown may be used to cover up the stained teeth.
- Dental crowns can be utilized to cover up misshaped or crooked teeth that are negatively impacting your smile.
Dental crowns also serve to remedy the following operational dental issues:
- A dental crown can be utilized to strengthen weak or damaged teeth. A cracked tooth, for instance, can be held together using a dental crown.
- Strengthening teeth that have been filled multiple times or that have had to hold large amounts of dental filling at one go.
- If your dentist in Santa Rosa Beach, FL fits you with a dental implant to replace a single missing tooth, then you will need a dental crown to cover your dental implant.
- They strengthen weak or brittle teeth after a root canal procedure.
At Santa Rosa Smiles, we are equipped and ready to help you restore and strengthen your smile today.